Former church last night
06-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Former church last night
I went back to my former church for the first time since my search to see if I had been abused. It was wonderful. This college professor that used to live up the road about 80 miles was speaking and it was awesome. One of the things he spoke about was the the lost sheep and how the shepherd is supposed to go and get the one lost sheep. He said that the reason the shepherds are supposed to go and get the sheep is not because of the old expressions OH THAT DUMB LOST SHEEP but because it was up to the shepherd to see to it that the sheep are kept safe and that they don't get lost. He said it was the shepherds job to keep them in safety. He said it wasn't the sheeps fault but it was the shepherds and it is the shephered responsibilty to keep them safe. He had to speak to all pastors this a.m.

It was very interesting to walk through the doors and people's faces lit up and some got tears in their eyes as I walked through the doors and I was like oh wow. So now I wonder where did I get my ideas? Where did it happen? I know I can really relate to so many as they tell their stories and share and I can really identify. Was my church and pastor receptive to healing while I was gone? Did they change? Was it my perception? Questions real through my mind.

I wanted to share about the sheep and the shepherd because I thought maybe it would help someone here. It helped me not to feel so guilty about things I didn't have any control over. I always worry about trying to make sure I am on the path and following. I get so stressed over it.
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2018, 05:06 AM
RE: Former church last night
That sure is encouraging. If this church was a abusive one, it is rare that they would change so dramatically. I would be interested if you would keep us abreast of conditions there...

Reg Smile "If we want to set our lives right and find peace, it is not the tolerant attitude of others that will do it for us. It will come about, rather, by our learning how to show compassion to them..... If we do not seek liberation from our obsessions, then becoming more withdrawn and less social may even make us more blind to them, since it can mask them." - John Cassian (He lived between 360 and 430 A.D. He was a monk in Bethlehem and Egypt.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply