Returning to study again
12-04-2017, 02:26 AM
Returning to study again
Hi,

I have decided to try returning to my old routine of study and journaling in the mornings. I have dug out my resources on the Jewishness of Jesus and first century life. I have a bundle of them! I just sent for a book called "Sitting at the Feet of the Rabbi" and it is inspiring me to dig in again. By doing it this way I am avoiding the old conservative Christian commentaries and intreptations. So far it is like mining for gold.

Jesus was quite a character in his time and culture! It seems that we Christians have more trouble applying his teachings than do Messianic Jewish believers who understand them differently.

I began this kind of study 10 years ago after a trip to Israel while I was teaching in a Norwegian bible school. The church was not exactly excited about it because it brought into question too many uncomfortable practices and ideas. Now I am full circle having tossed the church out the window and opened the door to my original thoughts again. We have decided our next vacation will be a study trip to Israel guided by a Messianic believing friend.
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2017, 04:23 PM
RE: Returning to study again
I too have recently returned to studying. I actually found that a couple of months ago I was finding myself able to listen to worship music after 6-7 years. My husband has always been able to listen to it but it would just bring me to tears. He has also been able to do occasional studying.... I just couldn't as it would bring back such horrible feelings. So I feel God is working on me..... first the music and now study time. I am enjoying two fascinating books right now. Of course I don't know your story but I do know that we need to heal at our own pace and there aren't any rules. Enjoy your studying and quiet time with the Lord.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply