Spammers take notice
12-30-2011, 07:10 AM
Spammers take notice
I see there was a lot of SPAM from a recent poster. Now that there are two of us monitoring this site let the Spammers take notice. Save yourself and us a lot of needless time and don't even bother to post anything here. Only legitimate posts will be allowed from those will SA issues.

[SIZE="3"]YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND YOU WILL BE BANNED PERMANENTLY![/SIZE]

Reg Smile "If we want to set our lives right and find peace, it is not the tolerant attitude of others that will do it for us. It will come about, rather, by our learning how to show compassion to them..... If we do not seek liberation from our obsessions, then becoming more withdrawn and less social may even make us more blind to them, since it can mask them." - John Cassian (He lived between 360 and 430 A.D. He was a monk in Bethlehem and Egypt.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2011, 07:27 AM
Spammers take notice
Reg Wrote:I see there was a lot of SPAM from a recent poster. Now that there are two of us monitoring this site let the Spammers take notice. Save yourself and us a lot of needless time and don't even bother to post anything here. Only legitimate posts will be allowed from those will SA issues.

[SIZE="3"]YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND YOU WILL BE BANNED PERMANENTLY![/SIZE]

Thanks Reg. I spent Christmas cleaning the forum. I missed church one Sunday because of the house cleaning.
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Spammers take notice
Spammers, please read.

Reg Smile "If we want to set our lives right and find peace, it is not the tolerant attitude of others that will do it for us. It will come about, rather, by our learning how to show compassion to them..... If we do not seek liberation from our obsessions, then becoming more withdrawn and less social may even make us more blind to them, since it can mask them." - John Cassian (He lived between 360 and 430 A.D. He was a monk in Bethlehem and Egypt.)
01-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Spammers take notice
10 More inappropriate posts deleted and poster permanently banned.

01-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Spammers take notice
Reg Wrote:10 More inappropriate posts deleted and poster permanently banned.

It just does not quit. I am off this weekend. You want me to cover for you?
01-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Spammers take notice
ex-shep Wrote:It just does not quit. I am off this weekend. You want me to cover for you?

I just cleaned house too. More fun than a marrel of bonkeys.
01-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Spammers take notice
ex-shep Wrote:I just cleaned house too. More fun than a marrel of bonkeys.

So... I'm curious. Are the spammers registering individually, or do they run a program that searches for and autofills registration forms for sites like this? Perhaps a change to the registration process would resolve part of the problem?
01-06-2012, 06:23 AM
Spammers take notice
Note sure. As far as I know they register individually. Perhaps Dale knows if they can run a program.

01-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Spammers take notice
Reg Wrote:Note sure. As far as I know they register individually. Perhaps Dale knows if they can run a program.

Dale may want to check with his web master. There should be an anti spam program for such contingencies.
01-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Spammers take notice
I was thinking something along that line ... like making the registration process a little more elaborate to deter spammers. However, the down side is--those of who have suffered PTSD as a result of SA like many of us do ... often have difficulties trusting a certain web forum. Making the registration process harder may deter them from joining the forum altogether. I believe that it is the forum's desire to make it easily available for those who have been deepy hurt to find an open, easily available, anonymous and safe place to share their grief ...

On the other hand, if there's something in the program which can identify the spammers and ban them from registering with another new user name might be something worth considering? Just sharing my thoughts here ...