Thread Closed 
C.S. Lewis Quote
04-11-2008, 07:06 AM
C.S. Lewis Quote
Got this off a mailing list I'm on.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under live robber barons than under omnipotent moral busibodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good, will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~ C.S. Lewis

Reg Smile "If we want to set our lives right and find peace, it is not the tolerant attitude of others that will do it for us. It will come about, rather, by our learning how to show compassion to them..... If we do not seek liberation from our obsessions, then becoming more withdrawn and less social may even make us more blind to them, since it can mask them." - John Cassian (He lived between 360 and 430 A.D. He was a monk in Bethlehem and Egypt.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2008, 08:29 AM
C.S. Lewis Quote
Ain't it the truth!

[SIZE="1"]“Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?”[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2008, 11:33 AM
C.S. Lewis Quote
Reg Wrote:Got this off a mailing list I'm on.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under live robber barons than under omnipotent moral busibodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good, will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~ C.S. Lewis

There,,,,,,,nailed that one over the door Big Grin

Your all just jealous because the voices only talk to me !!!!!! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed