“Top Ten Leading Indicators” of a Healthy Church results
04-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Another good one for review. Smile

Reg Smile "If we want to set our lives right and find peace, it is not the tolerant attitude of others that will do it for us. It will come about, rather, by our learning how to show compassion to them..... If we do not seek liberation from our obsessions, then becoming more withdrawn and less social may even make us more blind to them, since it can mask them." - John Cassian (He lived between 360 and 430 A.D. He was a monk in Bethlehem and Egypt.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Reg Wrote:Another good one for review. Smile

got it Smile
Find all posts by this user
05-20-2018, 08:33 PM
RE: “Top Ten Leading Indicators” of a Healthy Church results
I know this is an old thread but very helpful! The new church I am going to does pass in all areas but the one I did go to failed in every area.

I just keep going back to the same question I have had this entire week..was that "church" really a cult? I was often a target at that place, called the weakest link or a burden on more than one occasion. How is it that I was so deceived??? My parents taught my brother and I about cults at a young age, I grew up in a Christian home and as a missionary kid. Yet so deceived. Should have left that place before they even kicked me out with false accusation .they accused me of being a witch and church destroyer then hunted me down to try to have me removed from another church. I am literally trying to hide from them which makes it hard since they recently started a new location 2mins down the road from where I live.

There is a night and day difference between the cultish one and the new one I am going to. I was terrified of even going to church this morning but the other women who know about my situation were very reassuring and afriming
. I didn't feel like I my every move was being watched.
Find all posts by this user