contact donate links forum store library home

Go Back   Christian Recovery Forums > Recovery from Spiritual Abuse Forums > Recovery from Spiritual Abuse

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Malinda

Default Common abusive sayings that Pastors use from the pulpit

I was talking with my current Pastors the other day and they jokingly stumbled upon an old saying that my abusive Pastor used to say with quite some frequency:"don't let door hit ya where the good Lord split ya". That particular saying was so common in the services that everyone always laughed. In reality, the pastor always reverted to that comment when he was talking about insubordination, doctrinal disputes, disagreements with the "vision" of the church, rebellion, or any dispute that any congregation member or visitor had with the way things were done in his church. So my question is this: Do any of you have any comments that were frequently used by your abusive pastors aimed at controlling or manipulating the congregation into submission?
I would like to compile a list for a book that I'm thinking about writing called "Crossing the Line". It's a fictional account of one families journey out of Spiritual Abuse.